SIP Trunking for Legacy PBX and Key Systems
If You Like your Phone System You Can Keep It
Businesses often face the decision of whether or not to do a forklift upgrade of a working small business analog key system just for the purposes of going to VoIP to reduce monthly telecom costs. Because these key systems aren’t IP-enabled and don’t support SIP trunking, business that want to take advantage of SIP for cost reduction are often forced into a completely new systems upgrade when, in reality, the existing system serves them fine. A new system with SIP trunking does show an ROI payback due to lower monthly telecom spend in the 3-5 year range, but requires a significant initial investment.
How it Works
SIP.US offers an interim step that can allow you to keep your existing hardware yet fully realize the monthly telecom cost savings by moving to a SIP trunking solution. By deploying a small, multi-line analog telephone adapter in conjunction with the existing key system, the phone lines going out to the phone company can simply be plugged into the adapter box. The adapter converts the analog lines to SIP and the calls flow through the existing Internet connection to the SIP.US servers. Cost savings can be 40-60% per month and, better yet, there’s no forklift upgrade of the existing system.
Benefits of SIP Trunking for Legacy PBX Systems
Customers turn to SIP.US for SIP trunking on legacy PBX systems for a number of reasons, including:
- Reduced communications cost by disconnecting expensive analog lines and PRI plans
- Lower cost for nationwide long distance and international calls
- Easy transition path to an IP PBX or hosted PBX
- Tier 1 network infrastructure to ensure quality calls
- Fast, easy implementation
The transition from analog lines to SIP trunking is surprisingly smooth because:
- The PBX system features are retained as is. No additional PBX programming is required.
- Employees do not have to be retrained because calling features and system functionality stays exactly the same.
- There is no need to change desk phones or other PBX equipment
- Service remains uninterrupted
SIP trunking for legacy PBX and key systems provides real business benefits with little initial investment. Monthly cost savings are significant and the transition is easy. SIP.US is so confident that you’ll be impressed with the call quality and reliability we offer, that we invite you to a no-obligation free trial of our services. It’s easy to get started and you can start making calls immediately.