SIP for Elastix
Enhanced Unified Communications with SIP for Elastix®
SIP.US has developed our trunking service to be compatible with a variety of free, open source, call control and unified communications solutions including Elastix. Customers who choose SIP for Elastix enjoy reduced communications costs, advanced features and increased flexibility.
Elastix is a free open source platform for unified communications. The solution not only provides traditional PBX features and call control, it integrates additional communication media such as, fax, messaging, video and mail services. Full versions of Elastix are available without cost or limitation. Elastix was created and is maintained by PaloSanto Solutions.
Elastix has been designed to be deployed primarily by systems integrators, developers or people very familiar with software deployment and telephony. For those without these resources, professional services and support are available. Elastix also offers appliances which are pre-configured with the Elastix software.
Why Choose SIP.US for Elastix?
Every business phone system needs software to manage call control and additional telephony features like voicemail, automated attendants, call queues and so forth. This functionality and more is provided by Elastix. The phone system also needs a way to deliver calls to the network that routes them to their final destination. This network is known as the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN.) Calls can be delivered to the PSTN via traditional carrier telephone lines, or over the data network. SIP is an option that connects to the PSTN by using a data network and by passing the legacy carrier lines. Customers choose to deploy SIP for Elastix using SIP.US for a number of reasons:
- The SIP + Elastix approach is usually significantly cheaper than carrier PRI lines
- SIP.US offers customers the option to subscribe to just one channel at a time. Traditional telephone lines are sold in groups of 23 channels, meaning the customers often pay for more than they need
- Customers who want the flexibility to choose their own broadband Internet connection choose SIP.US because we do not require clients to purchase bandwidth from us
- Our on-demand online administration tools make it easy to manage your SIP trunk and purchase additional channels as needed
- Voice quality and reliablity are important to our customers. Therefore we use only Tier-1 upstream providers
- SIP.US has been designed to support many open source call control solutions, including Elastix
How To Configure SIP for Elastix
Start your free trial today and join our other clients who have cut costs, increased flexibility and improved employee productivity with SIP for Elastix.
Unlike other providers that require you to purchase Internet connectivity from them, SIP.US supports the broadband Internet connection of your choice. T1-data, cable, DSL or Metro Ethernet will all suffice.
Here is what our customers have to say about working with SIP.US:
“The SIP.US Control Panel gives me all the tools I need to add, change and delete phone numbers. I can even order all the DIDs I need and set them up instantly. I love having access to these self-service tools, but I know the support team is also there if I need additional help.”
– Colin Cook, Thimble River
“Switching to SIP.US was simple. Our service is smoother and more reliable — and our costs have gone down.”
– Eric Michaels, eSupplemental Insurance Services
Ready to see it in action?
Get Your Free SIP TRUNK in 60 Seconds.