Implementing SIP for FreePBX®
The SIP.US trunking service is completely compatible with the FreePBX® open source PBX solution. Businesses choose to use SIP.US along with FreePBX® because of the flexibility, reliability and cost savings that they enjoy.
FreePBX® is an open source business phone application that is available without charge. It was created and is maintained by a community of developers and others who are dedicated to making sophisticated phone system software that is easy to use and useful. The software has been downloaded more than 5 million times. FreePBX® is sponsored by individuals and companies who are dedicated to the vision of a free, easily implemented business phone solution. Schmooze Com Inc. is the Principal corporate sponsor and they offer a commercially supported version of FreePBX®. FreePBX® enjoys strong relationships with Digium, the sponsors of Asterisk.
FreePBX® has been built by a community of software developers and telco experts. Although it is designed to be easy-to-implement, customization of the solution requires a good knowledge of script programming, telephony and networking. Thorough documentation and various paid support and professional services packages are available. For those who prefer a pre-packaged solution, there are several to choose from so that you can take advantage of the ease and flexibility of the solution.
Why Choose SIP.US for FreePBX®
Every phone system needs PBX (private branch exchange) software that handles things like call management, voicemail, call distribution groups, automated attendants and the rest. FreePBX® provides this functionality. In addition a phone system needs at least one phone number and access to the network that routes calls to numbers outside of the system. This is called the Public Switched Telephone Network or "PSTN." Traditionally, businesses used carrier provided PRI (primary rate interface) lines to send calls to the PSTN. With SIP, calls reach the PSTN through a data network rather than traditional telephone lines. Customers choose to deploy SIP for FreePBX® using SIP.US for several compelling reasons:
- A significant cost savings can be gained by deploying SIP.US vs. traditional telephone lines
- Customers enjoy the fliexibility that SIP.US provides by allowing the purchase of one channel at a time. (Traditional PRI lines are sold in bundles of 23 channels.) With SIP.US customers pay only for what they need and can expand on-demand.
- SIP.US does not require customers to purchase Internet bandwidth from us, allowing them to choose the most cost effective and reliable network in their area.
- SIP.US offers additional features, including a powerful, yet simple control panel for administration, excellent International calling rates and real-time call data records.
- In order to ensure quality and reliability, SIP.US leverages a Tier-1 redundant network
- SIP.US is used along with FreePBX in deployments across the country
Here is what our customers have to say about using SIP.US and FreePBX®:
I wasn’t sure how to configure my FreePBX® system to work with SIP.US. The SIP team was able to remotely access my system and set it up for me. I didn’t expect that level of support for such a low price. - Greg Galvin, The Galvin Law Group
Several providers I contacted insisted that I get my Internet bandwidth from them. With SIP.US, I was able to use my Verizon FIOS data connectivity that I already had in place, saving me both time and money. - Jeffrey Kreshtool, Kreshtool and Kreshtool
How To Set Up SIP for FreePBX®
The SIP.US Module makes it easy to configure your SIP trunks, outbound route and inbound routes for SIP.US DIDs within FreePBX®. Just visit our knowledge base for a step by step configuration guide.
SIP for FreePBX® FAQs
- What are the Internet connectivity requirements to use SIP for FreePBX®?
SIP.US works with any broadband Internet connection including; Metro Ethernet, DSL, cable or TI-data. Although some SIP providers require customers to get Internet connectivity from them, we do not and you are free to choose the least expensive, fastest and most reliable connection available to you.
- Will you help me configure SIP for FreePBX®?
Yes. For clients that provide us with remote access to the system, we do our best to configure FreePBX® for your SIP.US trunks. For help with configuration, open a new support ticket.
- Do you offer a free trial period?
Certainly. Simply click on the get started button on any page. You'll recieve a free, no obligation trial with 60 minutes of free calling to the lower 48 states and Canada. Neither a credit card nor any type of commitment is required to start the trial.