SIP for FreeSWITCH
Deploy SIP for FreeSWITCH™
The SIP.US trunking service is compatible with several free, open source PBX solutions including FreeSWITCH. By implementing SIP for FreeSWITCH you can reduce the cost of your communications infrastructure and take advantage of the flexibility and customization the combined solutions offer.
FreeSWITCH is an open source, free platform for the creation of voice and unified communications applications. It is capable of being embedded into other projects, or being used as a stand-alone application. FreeSWITCH enables many telephony applications, including call control and IVR functionality. FreeSWITCH is available for source compilation on Unix and Linux distributions as well as Windows.
FreeSWITCH™ has a modular design that allows it to be extended without impacting its function or requiring a large development effort. Each module does something specific and often related tasks are grouped into one module. You will need to enable the modules that you would like based on their function. FreeSWITCH comes with a set of modules loaded, to enable most basic functionality. Complete documentation is available to walk you through the implementation. For those less familiar with telephony and software implementation, paid consulting and support are available.
Why Choose SIP.US for FreeSWITCH?
Two primary components make up a business phone system. The first is the software that handles call control and other phone system features such as conferencing, voicemail, automated attendants and others. This is often referred to as the PBX. FreeSWITCH plays the role of the PBX. The second necessary component is a way to deliver calls to the network that routes them to their intended recipient. This network is called the PSTN (public switched telephone network). In a traditional phone system, carrier provided PRI (primary rate interface) lines connect the PBX to the PSTN. SIP is an alternative that uses data lines, rather than telephone lines to make the connection. Customers choose to deploy SIP for FreeSWITCH using SIP.US to gain a variety of benefits:
- Using SIP.US with FreeSWITCH is usually much less expensive than traditional telephone lines
- Traditional PRI lines are sold in groups of 23 channels. SIP.US allows customers to subscribe to as few as one channel at a time, giving customers the flexibility to pay for only what they need now
- Although some SIP trunking providers require clients to purchase Internet connectivity from them, SIP.US does not. Our clients choose the Internet bandwidth provider that makes the most sense for their needs and budget
- SIP.US comes with a powerful, easy-to-use online interface for administration of your SIP trunk
- We utilize only Tier-1 upstream providers to route our traffic, giving our customers the most reliable network available
- SIP.US has been thoroughly tested with FreeSWITCH. They are used together in deployments across the US.
How To Set Up SIP for FreeSWITCH
Why not start your trial today and begin saving time and money with our cost saving, easy-to-manage, complete SIP solution?
Any broadband Internet connection will work with SIP.US and FreeSWITCH. Choose from DSL, T1-data, cable or Metro Ethernet. SIP.US gives our clients the flexibility to choose the Internet connectivity option that is best for them and unlike many SIP providers, we do not require customers to purchase Internet access from us.
Here is what our customers have to say about working with SIP.US:
“Switching to SIP.US was simple. Our service is smoother and more reliable — and our costs have gone down.”
– Eric Michaels, eSupplemental Insurance Services
Ready to see it in action?
Get Your Free SIP TRUNK in 60 Seconds.